The answer to this question is a big "Yes" and not only yes, but it is "YES" AND "NOW" as the importance of Internet has never been so VITAL as it is now and the future is INDISPENSABLE.
The number of Internet users in India at Present is estimated at 8.1crore - 6.9% of its population and this number is growing very fast. By 2013 India will have have 3rd Largest online population, just behind china and US. Considering these facts no business can afford the luxury of ignoring this medium, be it small or big more particularly when the cost of putting your business online is negligible.
There are certain points which needs special mention, as to why you should do it now.
- It is very much correct that putting your business or organization online is quite affordable and it will continue to be so. But putting your business ahead of your competitor in the Internet Jungle will become more and more difficult with number of business sites growing exponentially. The result will be to make your business figure in search engines in front pages will cost you a fortune.
- Imagine you are competing in a race and you are allowed to start the race a year earlier than your competitor and vice-versa.
- The most widely used search engine, the Google gives weight for the age of the site, which means if your site is older, assuming other criteria the same, your website will be ranked higher than the other if yours is older.
- The domain name means a name you are looking for your website may not be available and choices will keep shrinking as some-one else might have already taken the same.
Have a look at some of the key advantages of having a web-site:
- You reach out to your customers through your website without physically reaching them and can tell them all the good things about your business, which can make them your potential customer.
- A website is the cheapest medium of advertising for your business and your product.
- You can consider a website as a virtual store an extension of your physical store, which is open 24 hours 365 days.
- It often happens that your customers don’t know all the products and services you deal in. Your website is a good medium to place all the goods and services you deal.
- You can easily put up your new products or services you add to your business and your customers can know it immediately.
- By having a Website, you are able to break the geographical boundaries of your business (depending on type of your business) as your website can be reached by any person from any country in the world.
- People can find your business by searching on the internet. But remember the more old your website is the better is your ranking in the search engine.